Here we have something a little different for you to try at breakfast – or anytime of the day for that matter. This Turmeric, Apple, Ginger & Lemon juice is something to boost your immune system and give you a little zing, quite figuratively depending on how much ginger you want to add to this.
Especially with everything that’s happening at the moment, we all need this extra boost. Turmeric has fantastic antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties so I try and get it into everything I can.
Turmeric Immunity Detox Juice
- 1 x Large Lemon
- 1 x Apple
- 1/2 x Teaspoon of Turmeric
- 2 x Thumb size chunks of ginger
- 600ml of Ice cold water
- Chop your lemon in half and squeeze into a jug. Chop up your apples, taking out the core & ginger.
- Put your apples, and ginger into the blender with your water. Add in ice cubes if you'd like this extra cold.
- Blend for around 2 minutes until completely smooth.
- Add in your lemon juice and turmeric.
- Stir together and add to a glass.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
I felt as if ours lacked a little something, don’t get me wrong it’s great for a morning pick me up, but I wanted to add something extra. This time round I may have added a little bit too much turmeric…so I went back to the fridge and stared in for about ten minutes until I realized we had a pineapple to use.
I then blitzed this in my VitaMix with 400ml of cold water and then once done, I added it to the glass with the rest of the mixture.
It was still sharp and zingy but better as a larger drink than a shot.
Give it a go and let me know what you think! If you want to check out any of our other smoothie, juices or drinks recipes then take a look here…