A delicious take on an Italian dish, Eggs, Potatoes, Tomatoes, and the added twist of tikka masala. This Tikka Masala Frittata is a delicious lazy lunch or summer evening meal on the patio.
What is Frittata?
Frittata is an Italian dish, very similar to an omelette. This roughly translates to “fried.” Its ingredients are combined whilst the egg is still raw as opposed to laying them on to a partly cooked “omelette”. The frittata is cooked slowly in the pan and never folded over to finish cooking. Ours was finished off under the grill to cook the top.
We decided to mix things up here. I’m sure you’ve seen on a couple of our recent posts that we tend to enjoy an Indian dish at least once a week. We just love the combined flavours! If you too enjoy an Indian dish, take a look at toms tikka naan recipe, that is delicious! I am going to recreate a veggie version this week seeing as its vegetarian appreciation week!
Tikka Masala Frittata…
This Tikka Masala Frittata recipe is one that will stick around in our house for a while now I think. Although we enjoy coming up with new ideas, we really do enjoy making our favorites. The mix of the tikka paste, potatoes, tomatoes, and eggs is just incredible!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion
- 1 tablespoon of Tikka Masala Paste
- 1 teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- 100g Cherry Tomatoes
- 250g White Potatoes
- 100g Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Eggs
- Sprinkle of Coriander Leaf
- Peel, chop and put your potatoes into salted boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Heat your tablespoon of oil in the frying pan, peel and chop your onion and add that in. Cook for around 7 minutes until golden.
- Chop up your cherry tomatoes and add those to the frying pan. Add in your masala paste and chilli flakes. Cook on a medium/low heat for 4 minutes.
- Drain your potatoes and add those to the pan. Mix everything together and leave for another minute or two.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over coriander leaf.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk them together, add them to the frying pan and leave to cook on a low heat for 8 minutes.
- Heat up the grill.
- Put your frying pan under the grill for around 2/3 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 471mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 22g
Thanks for reading my tikka masala frittata recipe. As I’ve mentioned maybe a dozen times already, as it’s the veggie week we are trying to come up with new and different ideas! If you’d like to take a look at any of our other recipes, take a look below.