These Tandoori Chicken Skewers will go down a treat any BBQ. Marinate in spices and yoghurt the night before, and just throw them on the BBQ or grill pan. These are really tasty and take about 10 minutes to prepare. Leave them in the fridge overnight for an amazing, tandoori flavour.
This recipe is super easy to prepare. Yes they taste better marinated overnight. Who hasn’t got the time to do that at the minute?
Tandoori originates from India. This can be served as a lunch, or with salad unlike many other Indian dishes. It tastes great on the BBQ, but they can also be cooked in the oven. Or even in a clay pot, or clay oven.
Fire up the barby….
I managed to get the BBQ out again today. I’m trying to make the most of the sunshine we’ve got here. I didn’t have the best mince beef to make burgers. I opted for Indian style chicken skewers and wasn’t disappointed. These easy to make and can be cooked in less than 20 minutes. Tandoori Chicken Skewers will go down well at any BBQ!
To make these Tandoori Skewers you simply need a few herbs spices and some yoghurt. I will be posting a few more Tandoori dishes soon. These really tastes amazing and are so simple to make.
Tandoori Chicken Skewer Recipe:
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3/4 Cup of greek yoghurt
- 2 Skinless Chicken breasts cubed
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- Handful of chopped, fresh coriander/parsley leaves
- Salad and Mint yoghurt dip to serve
- 1/2 a Red pepper
- 1/2 a Green pepper
- Add the yoghurt, herbs and spices to a small bowl and 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander and parsley leaves. Mix well
- Mix chicken breast in with the marinade. Leave in the fridge overnight if possible.
- Add the chicken breast to a skewer with chunks of red and green pepper.
- Cook on the BBQ or grill pan for around 15-20 minutes. Turn regular and ensure cooked all the way through.
It is best to marinate your chicken overnight. The taste is so much better and definitely worth the wait!
This is great served with a mint Yoghurt dip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 49g
Serve these with a tasty Mint Yoghurt dip. You can use a bottled sauce like I did. Or make one yourself. Here’s a link to Jamie Oliver’s recipe.
See below our other Indian recipes on Ped’s Kitchen.
We have made a number of changes to our website this week. We haven’t posted much content but will be resuming as normal next week.
Please see our other recent posts. Don’t forget to subscribe to us across our social channels too.
- Everything in Stir Fry Recipe
- Homemade Wagamama’s Chicken Ramen Bowl
- Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
- Steak Sandwich with Red Onion & Mustard Mayonnaise
- Crab Linguine
The smoker is arriving next week. There will be a few recipes I’ll be working on with that next week. Not to mention the wonderful creations I’ve been producing with my new waffle machine.
Watch this space….
Thanks for reading.