Strawberry Sundae is not just for Sunday’s, it’s a great morning treat for any day of the week. Smoothie, Greek Yoghurt & Granola, Perfect!
When the sun is out, it always makes me want to eat fresh, fruity things. I feel like this is a real holiday breakfast. It’s only been recently we’ve started having yoghurt and granola at home but its something I tend to go for much more on holidays. We did use greek yoghurt in this recipe, but I have found a new favourite yoghurt. It’s an Alpro Soya vanilla one and is just amazing. I have definitely switched to this now. I would 100% recommend giving it a try. Even if you’re not into yoghurt, just try the smoothie part, it’s so fresh! You could try one of my smoothie bowls too. I will link it here.
This ones a bit of a trial recipe for me so bare with me. It’s more of a breakfast in a jar! It’s really tasty and full of nutrients to get you going for a busy day ahead.
I want to make my smoothies look beautiful and pretty like all the “Instagram” ones.. let me just say, it’s hard to get a good photo of a smoothie. So I thought I’d trial something out to see if it worked.
You’re ready for your close up! It’s so hard to get layering good on photos, I can see why you need so many “props” to help you get amazing pictures on professional photo shoots. We are getting quite lucky with the weather at the moment so the lighting is great for photos.
This is what you’ll need for an “Instagram worthy smoothie”
- Greek Yoghurt
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 6 Frozen strawberries
- 1/4 Cup of Oat Milk
- This is going to be the easiest step, put some Granola followed by Greek yoghurt into your mason jar
- Get your blender/VitaMix and put in your frozen fruit and oat milk. Blend this until it’s in between a smoothie bowl and a smoothie consistency. You want it I suppose a bit like yoghurt, it can hold its shape but still jiggly.
- After you’ve done that, pour your coconut milk into a mixer and whisk it until it’s like a whipped cream. Again you want this thick but still movable.
- Layer your smoothie mixture into the glass and then add some coconut cloud on the top. That’s the only way you should describe whipped coconut!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 10gSugar: 30gProtein: 7g
Take a look at a few of our recent posts, we have been a little slack recently but we have been cooking lots so we are getting those up asap for you! In the meantime, check out these smoothies and healthy options we have…
- Everything in Stir Fry Recipe
- Homemade Wagamama’s Chicken Ramen Bowl
- Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
- Steak Sandwich with Red Onion & Mustard Mayonnaise
- Crab Linguine
Thanks for coming over to the blog and reading another one of our recipes! We really appreciate all the support and we love this Strawberry Sundae just a little more…