If you’re wanting a one pan, throw it all in recipe, but a relatively healthy breakfast/lunch option – you’ve come to the right place. Our sharing eggs are full of vegetables, creamy, crumbly feta. All to be eaten with some toasted sourdough, its a great option for breakfast or lunch.
This is one to share…
You also read that right…SHARING!! That doesn’t happen too often in this house! We live by the rule that – you order what you want and usually once it’s plated, you eat your own meal. Unless on the odd occasion I can get the hubby to split a pizza with me (If you haven’t already checked out his awesome pizza post click here – Woodfired Oven Pizza) but yep, I love to share a meal, so occasionally he has no choice in the matter.
I can’t get enough of Tapas meals and growing up going to Tapas Restaurants was always my families favourite. I love hands colliding and eating whatever bits you want, so I will definitely have to blog about some Tapas food over the coming weeks. I’m also a morning person, so the thought of having a chat and catching up over a delicious meal ticks quite a few of the boxes.
I decided I’d knock this sharing eggs meal up for brunch for us…It’s a bit similar to huevos rancheros with that tomatoey base, dippy eggs and feta.. but with a good old chunk of buttered sourdough toast!
I didn’t want to do it for breakfast today as I do normally like something cold and refreshing when I first get up. That gets me going for the day, so brunch is the perfect excuse to have this because, let’s be honest, when you have a smoothie at 7:00 am, you’re ready for food at 11:00 am!
You will love this recipe as you only need a chopping board, a knife, and one pan! Hardly any washing up to do afterward. Always a winner.
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- A Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 a Pepper
- Lots of Coriander/ Cilantro depending on which side of the world you're on
- 1/2 a block of Feta Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Sprinkle of Chilli flakes
- Drizzle of honey
- Add your garlic to a frying pan and fry until it’s golden.
- Slice your tomatoes and peppers and then add those to the frying pan.
- Keep cooking for a couple of minutes, then add in your paprika and your carton/tin of chopped tomatoes usually 400g.
- Turn down to a low heat and leave to simmer for about ten minutes, keep stirring every couple of minutes so it doesn’t stick!
- Whilst the sauce is simmering, chop up your feta, coriander/ cilantro and chop your crusty loaf/ sourdough ready to toast!
- Get the grill fired up too! Or just place the bread in the toaster whichever’s easier for you!
- After the ten minutes is up, add your coriander and stir in with the other ingredients in the pan
- Gently break two eggs into the sauce. You can make a little well to break them in to so they don’t get lost in the tomato mixture!
- Keeping the pan on a low heat, let your eggs cook very gently! This should take around 5 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooked, add in some more coriander and sprinkle the feta on the top.
- Place your bread under the grill or into the toaster and once done to your liking, get a nice big scoop of butter and spread it over your toast!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 1129mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 27g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 5/4/2020
All this goodness ready to share and dip away!! At the moment we are just using a normal frying pan. I have my eye on a few different cast iron ones. If you’re wanting to go to a one-stop-shop for everything, take a look at this website. Sous Chef. They take care of everything from cookware to table or glassware. They look incredible. I’ll keep you updated if I buy anything from there.
Check out some more of our latest posts here: