This Salmon Caesar salad was a bit of a mash up of a few ideas and a selection of ingredients we had in that day. It’s been a bit like that recently, trying to utilise and use what’s available in the fridge and kitchen cupboards that day! That’s where a solid meal prep and planning your meals comes in, probably something I should work on…
I was thinking about throwing some croutons in for some texture, but didn’t have any croutons. I didn’t even have bread to make the croutons, so added in some cashew nuts for the texture and then decided to throw in some Scallops because we had them. You can obviously leave the Scallops if you don’t have any, it works just fine without.
On the whole, I think it worked really well and is definitely something I’d cook again. The Caesar dressing (The Original Caesar dressing) finished it off nicely and tasted fantastic. I will maybe try to make some of the Caesar dressing from scratch next time round.
We’ve been having a blast cooking, posting and building content on the blog, so it really is great to see people liking and following across the social media platforms. The dishes are genuinely what we are eating or have in that day, so it may seem a little different each day. I’m sure we’ll have to start planning soon, so we don’t cross over each other on the food we’re cooking. Hopefully, you get to see a variety of good food.
Below is the details for this light evening meal…
Salmon, Scallop, Potatoe & Kale Caesar Salad
Serves 2, preparation and cooking time around 25 minutes
- 2 x Salmon Fillets (We used Waitrose Wild Alaskan Salmon)
- 10 x Scallops (Optional – again from Waitrose)
- 10 x New potatoes (Halved)
- 2 x Handful of Kale (use as much as you want)
- Caesar Dressing
- Handful of Cashew Nuts
- 1 x Half of Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Take your Salmon Fillets out of the Refrigerator prior to cooking in order to bring them to room temperature. Before cooking, pat dry with kitchen roll to take away any excess moisture.
- Bring a pan of cold water to the boil in readiness for the potatoes
- Whilst the water is beginning to boil, heat a teaspoon of Oil in the Frying pan over a medium heat. Season the Salmon with a pinch of salt then add to the pan Skin side down for around 8 minutes.
- Now the Salmon is cooking, add your potatoes to the pan of boiling water. These should take between 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the Kale, then add to a bowl and drizzle some Olive Oil over, rubbed in with a little Salt & pepper.
- Once the Salmon has cooked for 8 minutes (should be around 3 quarters cooked) flip the fillets over for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Once flipped, add in your Scallops to the same pan for around 2 minutes until golden.
- Squeeze in your Lemon to the Salmon and Scallops Pan, covering as much as you can.
- Everything should be coming to a close, and once finished you can turn off and rest. Ensure the potatoes are soft enough for your liking, you can leave these whilst you plate and rest the fish.
- Pop your kale on to the plate, drizzle with the Caesar dressing, scatter with the Cashew nuts. Add your scallops, Salmon fillet and drained potatoes to the plate and you’re done. *I added a little butter to the potatoes once they had been drained.