Paleo Pancakes are light and fluffy pancakes not made in a very traditional way, other than the maple syrup! You can’t have pancakes without it!
I keep seeing Ped making all these delicious pancakes and it’s really made me crave them. Unlike him I haven’t got an incredible metabolism and can eat 6 scoops of ice cream in one sitting. Oh don’t get me wrong, I can, but I can’t if I want to keep my calories down along with my blood pressure & avoid a heart attack ?! But oh how I’d love to indulge like that! So here I am finding an alternative for those of us who want those delicious buttery, fluffy, beautiful masterpieces but with less fat and slightly less calories.
Eating Less Carbs…
The reason I decided to go for a paleo pancake was because I could leave out the carbs. I find my body runs better on a high protein and veg diet. It does get difficult when you’re eating more vegetarian foods as it does tend to involve more carbs, so this is where you have to get more creative. Lowering your carbs can help prevent so many illnesses and diseases. It lowers your blood pressure for one and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Obviously don’t cut them out altogether as you want healthy foods in your diet. Just do overdo it.
- 1.5 cups of Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 x Eggs
- 1/2 cup of nut/oat milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Essence
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together your almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Add in your eggs, oat/nut milk and vanilla essence.
- whisk until combined.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and add in a dash of oil.
- Scoop out your pancake mixture and put it into the pan. cook on a medium/low heat for 3 minutes each side.
- Remove from the pan and drizzle over your topping of choice.
This makes 3 people 2 pancakes each.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 744mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 21g
Thanks for reading my post today, I hope you’re enjoying the veggie week and these Paleo Pancakes! We are loving creating more veggie-based recipes over the next week too!
- Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
- Strawberry, Mango, Peach & Banana smoothie bowl
- Smoothie Bowl
- Paleo Pancakes Recipe
- Porridge recipe with Stewed Rhubarb and Candied Nuts
This is the cast iron pan we used to cook our pancakes.
*In this post we have used an affiliate link to a product. We may receive a commission for purchases made through this link.