This Mixed Berry Smoothie packed full of flavour with Banana, Strawberries, Mixed Berries, and Kale. Whizzed up in a Vitamix blender.
Hey all, hope you’re all enjoying my smoothie a day recipes! I don’t actually post one a day, ok, well I nearly do! Haha, It’s a great way to get some, if not all of your 5 a day! This smoothie is a great all-rounder and really tasty! Here’s what’s in our Mixed Berry Smoothie.
Adding greens to a smoothie is a great idea. By doing this, you can get a couple of your ‘5 a day’ without even realising. I usually go for either spinach, kale or avocado, as once in the smoothie, they don’t have a strong taste to them. I have only just started adding courgette and cucumber too, as you can disguise the taste if you have some berries or tropical fruit in.
The reason I’ve added optional things to the recipe card below is that firstly they aren’t necessary if you don’t have them in! Secondly, they don’t alter the taste of the smoothie, they just add extra nutritional value!!
- 1 x Handful of kale
- 1 x Banana
- 5 x Frozen strawberries
- 1 x Handful mixed berries
- 300ml Oat milk
- 200ml Water
- Add your water, oat milk and kale to the blender first.
- Layer up with your banana, your mixed berries and then your “optional extras” if you’d like.
- Leave to sit in the blender for a few minutes to let your frozen fruit defrost slightly.
- Blend it all up and then pour.
Here are some optional extras you could add to the smoothie:
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Vanilla protein powder
- Peanut butter
The reason I’ve added optional things is that firstly they aren’t necessary if you don’t have them in! Secondly, they don’t alter the taste of the smoothie, they just add extra nutritional value!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 16gSugar: 47gProtein: 5g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 5/2/2020
Why I love smoothies…
The reason I love this Mixed Berry smoothie so much and have it a couple of times a week is because of the health benefits.
- Berries are great for you and have a tonne of antioxidants, extremely high in fibre and have lots of nutrients in them!
- A big handful of greens is fantastic for everything, health, blood sugar, weight, everything! Plus you cannot taste kale in the smoothies!
- You’re getting water in your smoothie to help with hydration.
- Oat milk and ice will help to thicken the shake to keep you full up for longer?
If you love a smoothie, head over to our drinks page, which has a load of other recipes, that are quick and easy to make – Drinks, Smoothies & Shakes.
Hope you all have a good, safe and healthy Easter weekend! X