Our Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats are a great way of getting those Rice Krispie Squares but homemade! The perfect snack for anyone with a sweet tooth. Rice Krispies, marshmallows, and hundreds and thousands!
We’re always looking for new quirky things to make and a lot of the time you find yourself craving the everyday brands and items you see on the supermarket shelves. I thought I’d have a go at making the Kelloggs Rice Krispie squares at home and the outcome was amazing. The taste, brilliant. I’m possibly going to give the caramel chocolate ones a go, now they’re my real favorite.
Something for the kids?
We don’t have children, but if you’re looking for something quick and easy to do with the kids, this could be a winner. The fact they taste amazing as well means the kids will be looking forward to making them again and again. It’s something that you won’t mind the kids getting messy with and honestly, it’s foolproof!
They have that crispy outer shell, but when broken or bitten in too, you get that soft chewy texture, with a wonderful sweet taste. Smarties would be a nice addition to these too. Mix it up and let us know what different things you put in!
- 1 x Tsp Butter
- 100g Marshmallows
- 3 x Cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 x Tsp of Sprinkles
- Line the base of a baking dish with baking paper and butter the edges of the tin.
- Add your butter into a medium-size saucepan and put it on a low heat to melt.
- Add in 90g of marshmallows and turn off the heat. Keep stirring until melted.
- Put your Rice Krispies into the saucepan and mix until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle in your sprinkles and the remaining marshmallows and mix through.
- Pour into your pre-lined baking dish and press down with a spatula until even.
- Wait 10 mins for them to set and then you can slice them up.
You will need:-
- Baking dish
- Silicone Spatula
- Baking paper
- Extra butter for greasing
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 5/5/2020
We hope you enjoy the Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats and we plan to make more tasty treats like this over the next few weeks. It’s been great to occasionally snack on or have one with a hot drink.
Over the past week, we’ve been working on the website and lots of other things, so haven’t been posting any new recipes. We aim to get back on track now and share with you lots of new ideas and foods.
Take a look through some of our older posts for some sweet cooking inspiration:
- Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
- Strawberry, Mango, Peach & Banana smoothie bowl
- The Classic Waffle Recipe
- Honey & Maple Syrup Flapjacks
- Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats
Follow us on Social Media below: