Lemon and Ginger Tonic for a morning pick me up includes just water, lemon and ginger. A perfect wake up call to get the day going.
Just to clarify this Lemon & Ginger Tonic isn’t my recipe, I just wanted to start drinking something to kick start my body of a morning. It’s more of a public service to share this refreshing morning tonic.
I have seen quite a few people drinking lemon and ginger teas, but I’m not actually a fan of hot drinks! So when I kept seeing this lemon and ginger “tea” I thought I’d turn it into a “tonic” …
Take a look at the recipe card below…
- 3 x thumb-size chunks of ginger
- 750ml of water
- 2 x Lemons
- Chop up your ginger into small chunks.
- Add your water to the pan and put in the cut ginger.
- Bring the ginger to a boil, wait for 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- After about an hour your water should be cool again, squeeze in two lemons.
- Sieve the water into mason jars, screw on the lids, and pop in the fridge.
Once your ginger has come to a boil, leave it less if you like less of a zingy taste, or longer if you water a real punch from the ginger.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 19Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
All done! I like to pop just a little over a shot glass amount into a glass and then add a little extra cold water to it to drink when I first wake up. My husband likes it as a morning shot. But you can add hot water to it, whatever! I like to drink it with added cold water. I put a shots worth in a glass and then just top it up. Lemon is such a great immune-boosting fruit, its really high in antioxidants and will help to detox the body first thing which is why I think I enjoy it so much. I know all the good it’s doing for my body.
Nice and refreshing! Please find some of our other smoothies, shakes and juices below:
- Watermelon, Lime & Mint Slush
- Green Smoothie – A revised recipe
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Iced Coffee Chocolate Protein Shake
- Smoothie with Blueberry, Pear & Orange
Let me know which has been your favourite in the comments below.
I get asked this question a lot, where do you get your glasses from. I got mine from here. They’re great quality and look great when serving smoothie, storing coriander in the fridge, or storing nuts and grains in.
Thanks for reading and I hope you’ve enjoyed this and the many other recipes I’ve put out!