I’m seeing these Dalgona Coffee’s everywhere at the moment. I did say to Tom I would make one for him to try because they just look so chic but I’ve heard mixed reviews about the taste. 50% saying it’s gross, 50% saying it’s unbelievable, unfortunately, I’ll never know as I don’t like coffee it’s way too bitter for me! That and marzipan are huge no-goes for me, but strangely enough I like almonds and almond milk! So let’s get on with the iced coffee chocolate shake, shall we…
So Tom becomes the guinea pig when I want to try something out with coffee in it. I’m sure you will have seen the iced coffee chocolate protein shake I make? It’s delicious, not the coffee one, but the normal one (for me anyway) but hubby is a huge fan of the coffee one. It’s been driving me mad that I have to make the coffee an hour before he has his shake because if I don’t you get a lukewarm chocolate coffee protein shake. Not great!!
So when I saw an idea of coffee ice cubes I thought it was genius! I can make them up and put them in the freezer before hand, and then when we want a shake just throw a couple into a mason jar and then do the shake!
So here’s what you’ll need to make the coffee ice cubes:
- A good quality coffee
- A caffitiere – I didn’t have one see below*
- A Silicone Ice cube tray
If you’d like to see the full recipe for the protein shake, click here..
1. So I like to make these up a few days before. I’ve got them on hand for whenever we want a protein shake now!!
2. Make your coffee as usual and put it into your cafitierre. Do your thing. If you don’t have one like me.. make your coffee and then put it through a fine sieve. Problem solved, nearly!
3. Let your coffee cool and then pour it into the trays and freeze them overnight at least!
4. Get a couple of icebergs out and pop them into your mason jar.
- 1 x Frozen Banana
- 1 x Scoop of PHD Chocolate Brownie Protein
- 250ml Oat Milk
- 250ml Water
- 2 Coffee ice cubes
- Freeze your coffee ice cubes the day before by adding a teaspoon of coffee to a mug of water and let cool. Put into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Put your oat milk, water banana & protein shake into the blender and blitz together.
- Add your coffee ice cubes to your glass and then pour over your protein shake.
- Freeze your bananas the night before.
- Make your coffee cubes up at least one day before.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 16g
This makes me really want to drink coffee! Being transparent, I did try Tom’s iced coffee chocolate once the cubes melted slightly and I could possibly drink this! Is was ok! Not as bitter as usual! This could be a turning point!
- Pork Stroganoff
- Sweet Potato, Spinach and Lentil Curry
- Strawberry, Mango, Peach & Banana smoothie bowl
- Tuna Steak with Chilli Oil and Greens
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
Thanks for reading!