Quick and easy classic when you’re struggling for ideas. Sometimes the most simple food is the best and I turn to this grilled cheese sandwich quite often.
There’s not much more to say about this grilled cheese sandwich…bread, butter and cheese. I think there’s a fine art to getting this right, so we have made a video to go with it. Head over to Youtube to watch the video if you like, there’s some funky music to keep you entertained, if not, read below for the method.
- 2 x Slices of Bread
- Butter (We used Lurpak)
- Vintage Cheddar Cheese
- Slice two slices of bread from you loaf
- Butter both sides of each slice
- Slice the cheese into as many pieces as you like
- Turn your hob on and place a dry frying pan on medium heat
- Place in your first piece of bread – keep checking until it begins to turn golden brown…take out.
- Place in the second slice and do the same. Turn that piece over in the pan, add the cheese to the golden side and wait again for the bottom to turn golden brown…
- Place the other slice of bread with the uncooked side facing up.
- Flip the whole sandwich over and let the final side cook
- Keep on a low heat and let the cheese melt, you can keep turning the sandwich to ensure even cooking.
- Squish the top of the sandwich occasionally with a spatula.
- Once you feel the cheese has melted, take out and eat!