Hey Everyone, we have a few really clean, healthy, green smoothie here for you today! Full of veggies that you won’t even realise are in there and a little bit of fruit to sweeten the deal!
I’m still not sure what day it is! It’s like the days in between Christmas and New Years Eve when you’re in a bit of limbo! I’m self employed so I don’t usually have much time off so I’m trying to take advantage of this break as much as I can, as it may be the only time off I have this year. I am still feeling extremely grateful for my health and safety every single day at the moment!
I’m feeling quite productive today, so I wanted to get a few posts written up, baked, cooked and ready! Yep there’s more sweet stuff on the way! But anyway, as Easter has come and gone, an endless amount of chocolate has been consumed and I’m feeling like I need a health/energy boost!
I made the decision to go in the fridge and see what we had in. There was a courgette, a tonne of apples and pears from our Riverford box (head over to our YouTube channel to see what we got in here!) that we needed to use up. So I made these 2 smoothie recipes up as I went… it’s actually turned out pretty well and you’re getting 2 for the price of one 😉 ! I think you should give them a try.
So here’s what you’ll be needing for 2 people..
INGREDIENTS FOR SMOOTHIE No.1:
- 2 Apples (small) / 1 medium or large
- 1 Pear
- 1/2 Courgette
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 1 Small handful of frozen Mango
- 1 Small handful of Kale
- 400ml Water
- Ice cubes if you like it really cold
- Powerful blender – I use Vitamix
Now bare with me on this as it looks/sounds totally random! I did look in the blender thinking I’d completely messed up with this recipe but it’s actually turned out so well!
Here’s what you do…
- Add your water, kale, cucumber, courgette, pear and apple to the blender.
- Blend it up, once that’s liquified, then add your frozen mango and ice cubes. I did this as the blender was quite full so it just gave me a little more room!
- Blend that up again for about a minute on level 5. I find that best on my Vitamix.
- You’re ready to go!
Now both of these green smoothie recipes fill up two of my Mason Jars! So that’s about 900ml of liquid here. If your wanting to have a bit less of a green hit halve the recipe!! It’s so tasty I’m sure you won’t want to!
Number 2 is going to be a really simple creamy green smoothie! Not as flavour full as the other two but really good for you.
INGREDIENTS FOR SMOOTHIE No.2:
- 1 small handful of Kale
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 400ml oat milk
- 100ml water
- 1 handful of ice
- Add all your ingredients in together and whizz it up.
- This will be a really thick smoothie! If you want it thinner just add more water until it’s the right consistency for you!
Joe and The Juice led me here
The recipe above is a take of the Joe and the Juice Avo shake! Obviously being in lockdown we can’t get one and this one is pretty close! When we were in New York earlier in the year I had one and it was delicious.
Have you enjoyed my green smoothies? I always put as much green into a smoothie, so it’s not just full of sugary fruit. Some days you just want a sweet creamy smoothie, but others you need your goodness!!
Here are a few of our latest smoothies, shakes and juices, do any take your fancy?
- Strawberry Sundae
- Watermelon, Lime & Mint Slush
- Green Smoothie – A revised recipe
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Iced Coffee Chocolate Protein Shake
If you don’t already, check us out on our socials!! ??????
Hope you enjoy!