How to make pancakes with salted caramel sauce. This recipe uses a homemade salted caramel sauce, served with icing sugar and ice cream. Pancakes, caramel sauce and Ice cream. What more could you ask for?
Ped again here. Oh look it’s another comfort food recipe. You’re probably starting to see a pattern here if you’ve been reading some of the previous posts.
If you would have asked me 6 months ago do you eat healthily, I’d have probably said yes. I do to a certain extent, in terms of not putting crap food in my body. But, my problem is when it comes to calories I really don’t care what I eat.
I’m one of the fortunate ones who can eat 4000 calories per day, and still not put a pound on. I mean, it’s great being able to eat what I want, but it’s hard to be disciplined. and let’s be honest, a healthy diet makes you feel great. But when you’re feeling shit, it’s hard to put it down to your diet if you know what I mean? The majority of the food I eat is home cooked, and from scratch, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good for you. Mind you. it tastes good and I guess that’s all that matters.
I’m sat here feeling pretty bloated, after I’ve just shovelled all four of these bad boys into my mouth in one sitting. And yes, it is compulsory to have a scoop of vanilla ice cream with every pancake. With icing sugar. Oh and not forgetting the caramel sauce.
During this whole quarantine period my sleep pattern, routine, exercise, diet, you name. Has gone completely out of the window. Starting as tomorrow my aim is to get back into some kind of a routine as soon as possible, so I thought I’d shove my face tonight.
This really easy to make – If I’m honest, the reason I’d made this was because I had no chocolate in the house and fancied something sweet. That pretty mush sums up how quickly you can knock these up!
Ingredients to make pancake mix:
(Makes 4 Pancakes)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Oil (and for the pan)
Ingredients to Make Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of double cream
- 100g Salted butter (I used Lurpak)
- 1 Tsp sea salt
How to make Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce:
- To start with make the caramel sauce. This will solidify when it cools, but it can be reheated for desired consistency.
- Heat the sugar on a medium heat in a saucepan, and when melted add the butter, for a few minutes.
- Carefully mix in the double cream, as it will start to bubble, and cook for a minute or two and leave to slightly cool down.
- When cooled add a tsp of sea salt
- Thank me later
Easy Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Heat the frying pan on a medium to high heat, with a drop of oil, and pour a thin layer, enough just to cover the pan base.
- Cook for 2 mins on each side until golden and crispy
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, pour over caramel sauce. I finished with some sieved icing sugar too!
Thanks for checking out this recipe. What did you think?
This is so easy to make and tastes unreal. Don’t get me wrong there’s probably a few calories in this but who cares, it’s a treat right?
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe, and the blog so far if you’re a returning reader. Please do share your thought with us as we’re always looking for feedback.
This site is pretty new, and we have loads more content and recipes coming your way, so please do subscribe to our mailing list as we have a new newsletter coming soon too!
- Everything in Stir Fry Recipe
- Homemade Wagamama’s Chicken Ramen Bowl
- Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
- Steak Sandwich with Red Onion & Mustard Mayonnaise
- Crab Linguine
Thanks for reading 🙂