Deep Fried Brie is one of my favourite starter recipes to make. Brie is a french creamy cheese that comes from cows milk. It’s soft and gooey textures tastes amazing with the crunch of the breadcrumbs.
I first started cooking, just over 10 years ago. I would make recipes that came out of recipe boxes or jars initially. You know, like Pasta Bakes, Indian curry’s, Bolognese’s, or Fajitas. The easy recipes to cook that would come with a store bought sauce. Or the ones in a pre packed box with just add chicken or something like that. Those were the dishes what started getting me into cooking. I remember this being one of the first trickier dishes I’d cooked.
Deep Fried Cheese…
Deep Fried Brie. One of the first recipes I created from scratch. It can also be made with cranberry, as well as raspberry sauce. It’s not the length of time that makes this dish tricky to execute. It’s more about getting the right consistency of egg and breadcrumbs. You need to ensure you don’t overcook the brie meaning you’ll be left with empty batter! It should take about 20 minutes to make. The first time you try this it may take a little longer. Practice makes perfect!
I’ve never cooked deep fried brie with raspberry sauce. After cooking this today, I think it has just become my preference over cranberries. I’ve usually always got frozen berries in too, and the sauce doesn’t take long at all to make. It only contains a few ingredients too. I’ll definitely be using it as a dessert sauce too! I can imagine this would be great poured over cheesecake! Watch this space…..
This recipe can be a little faffy. To get the perfect looking fried brie, it does need a little TLC. My food in the main photo looks more like a KFC zinger fillet. It looks more like a zinger than it does deep fried brie. Mind you, I can assure it tasted awesome!
- 100g frozen raspberries
- Salad leaves to serve
- 1 Egg – for binding breadcumbs
- A splash of Lemon juice
- 1 piece of Brie
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of Breadcrumbs
- Drizzle Balsamic vinegar or glaze
- Turn the deep fat fryer on to high
- Start with the raspberry sauce. Mix the frozen berries and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan. Cook on a low to medium heat for a few mins.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until all soft and liquidised, and leave to cool.
- Cut your desired piece of brie into a smaller triangle than the original piece itself. Cover with the beaten egg mix. Add breadcrumbs and place in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Add the brie to the deep fat fryer. Cook until golden crispy brown on the outside. Be careful not to overcook as the brie will melt away and can disappear.
- Transfer to a bed of salad eaves, and serve with the raspberry sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 752Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 215mgSodium: 702mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 11gSugar: 82gProtein: 22g
Thanks for reading my blog post. We’re pretty new to blogging and have just started our online journey!
Please do feel free to give us feedback, request recipes or even collaborate with us.
Don’t forget to check out our other recipes on the blog!
Have a great day!