An American Classic – The Cobb Salad. This is our version including Chicken Breast, Castello Blue Cheese, Boiled Egg and salad.
I’ve tried one in Florida and one in New York. The New Yorkers won hands down! To be specific we returned from a trip to New York in February! It was absolutely incredible. I felt really lucky it was just before the outbreak of Coronavirus in New York, it was picking up pace in the UK at this point, but no one really knew the severity of it all.
We visited a restaurant called Bubby’s. We’d decided to go for the pancakes but stayed for the Cobb salad! The food here was lovely! If you fancy a little run down of the restaurants we visited on this trip I can put a post together? Let me know!
Digressing again.. you’ll get used to my lengthy story telling I’m sure..
Since we’ve come back, I’ve said on a weekly basis that I quite fancy recreating this recipe for lunch, and whilst I’m not working 12 hour days, I have plenty of time to do it!
So here we go..
Take a look at the recipe card below…
- 4 x Cups lettuce/mixed leaves/watercress
- 1/2 Medium Cucumber
- 10 x Small Plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 x Spring Onion
- 2 x Chicken breast
- 75 grams Castello Blue Cheese
- A boiled egg, we shared, you can do one each of you prefer.
- 5 x Salad potatoes halved
- Preheat the oven and cook up your chicken breast on around 180C/356F for 25 minutes.
- Get a small pan of water on to boil, halve the potatoes and pop those in for about 15 minutes.
- Chop up the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Once that’s done you should have around 8 minutes left on your potatoes, pop your egg in with the potatoes to boil for the remaining time, turn the heat to a simmer
- Chop/crumble the blue cheese and put to one side, chop up your spring onion and leave to one side.
- 6. Turn off the potatoes & egg to drain. Pop your egg into some cold water so it stops cooking. You don’t want it overdone and dry, I like mine a little runny still!
- 7. Turn off the chicken once done, open the oven door but leave it to rest.
- 8. Whilst you're waiting for everything to cool, start on your sauce, add all your “dressing” ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix together.
- 9. Peel your egg and chop your chicken.
- 10. Now we can start to layer everything up, I’ve decided to do it like a traditional Cobb salad in rows too.
- 11. Pour over your sauce and bon appetito!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 223mgSodium: 637mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 10gSugar: 17gProtein: 57g
If like us you fancy a different sauce on the top, why not take a look at how to make our quick avocado dressing. Its really delicious.
For the dressing :-
- 2 x Avocados
- 3 x tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 x Clove garlic
- 1/4 water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Squeeze of lemon or lime
- Peel your avocados and garlic cloves and put everything into a high powered blender. We use a VitaMix, it whips this up in seconds.
Hope you enjoy!! X
Head over to our Healthy Options page for some more inspiration. Or take a look at some of the recipes we’ve done below.