I love Chilli Nachos. I wasn’t planning on eating this for lunch today, however due to needing to use up a few ingredients, I thought I’d have this for lunch instead of throwing away a few items.
This Beef Chilli Nachos recipe was mainly using up the remainder of my ingredients. I cooked some tacos earlier this week and had some left over mince. This is easy to make and the perfect accompaniment to a cosy night in with a film!
I posted a link to the Tortilla Channel on my Tacos post, as they have a homemade mix if you want to make your own taco seasoning.
Mexican and Spanish dishes are my favourite cuisine by far. I love the sweet and smokey flavours. They have some awesome Mexican spices at Sous Chef. Check them out!
- 150g beef mince
- 90g Nachos/tortilla chips (half a bag)
- Taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp soured cream
- 50g Cheddar cheese
- 75g Mozzarella
- 2 Spring onions
- Fresh parsley leaves to serve
- 1/2 onion diced
- Brown the minced beef and onion in a pan, for around 5 minutes until cooked. Drain if necessary
- Add the taco seasoning mix to the pan, frequently stirring.
- Grate the cheddar and mozzarella
- Layer the tortilla chips into a large bowl/baking tray/ overproof dish. Layer with grated cheddar mozzarella a dollop of soured cream, minced beef, and fresh spring onions
- Complete this process 3 times until completely layered
- Add more cheese/ mozzarella to finish, and serve with chopped fresh parsley and more spring onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 828mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 41g
Thanks for all of the recent support! Be sure to check out our other recipes on the blog. and if there’s anything in particular you’d like us to share a recipe for, then please get in touch!
Love Mexican food like me? Check out the following recipes here on the blog: