This is a fantastic, quick and easy lunch option that we’ve been having for ages. Now I can’t remember where this Chicken & Avocado Flatbreads recipe came from, but it’s made up of things usually found in the fridge and feel free to adapt and add to your taste!
It’s a light, fresh lunch that gives you a good mix of meat, veg and good fats and always gives me a Spring/Summer feel. We had already cooked the chicken the day before when we’d had a Chicken Roast, so before moving on, ensure you have a cooked and cooled Chicken Breast for this recipe.
- 1 x Cooked Chicken Breast (we had this leftover from Sundays Dinner)
- 1 x Half of Red Pepper
- 2 x Soft Avocados
- 1 x Spring Onion
- 1 x Half of Lime
- 3 x Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 x Handful of Chopped Coriander
- 2 x Flatbreads
(Makes 2/3 Flatbreads Time: Approx. 20 mins Prep and Serve)
- Slice and Dice the cooked Chicken Breast into small pieces
- Half the avocados and remove the stones from each. Spoon out the green flesh and then mash into a bowl. (I used my hands, which is a little messy, but gets the job done)
- Half a red pepper, remove any seeds and dice into very small pieces
- Trim the tops and bottom of the spring onion, then chop into half centimetre pieces
- Mix the Chicken, Smashed Avocado, Spring Onion and Red Pepper in the bowl, adding the chopped Coriander.
- Spoon 3 x tablespoons of Mayonnaise into the mixture and add a generous squeeze of the lime…Mix together.
- Splash the flatbreads with water then toast them under the grill for around 1 minute each side.
- Add the mixture to the centre of the toasted flatbread and you’re all done.
Hope you enjoy these Chicken & Avocado Flatbreads as much as we do!