Simple, easy, and delicious! Check out this Broccoli and Stilton Soup made with potato, wild garlic, and Castello blue cheese! Beautiful.
This is one of my favourite recipes to create, it’s got lots of veg in, a beautiful creamy blue cheese, and hopefully some crusty bread from the local bakery on the side!
We have been getting our bread from our local bakery since it opened 18 months ago. We really don’t even think about getting any bread from the supermarket now. Especially as the ones we buy are so fresh and tasty. They don’t last as long as supermarket bread, which I think of in a positive way. They wont have all the preservatives and rubbish in! Obviously whenever you can, its’ always best to make your own bread, but there is no way we could make sourdough as fantastic as theirs and we like to support our local businesses!
I used to think soups were just for autumn and winter, but when we have the odd chilly day in spring, it’s really nice to create something creamy, delicious, and warming. So this is when I decided to make some Broccoli and Stilton Soup for us.
- 1 x Large broccoli
- 1 x Onion
- 4 x leaves of Wild Garlic
- 1 x Celery Stalk
- 1 x Medium Potato (peeled and cubed)
- 750ml Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 1 knob of Butter
- 75g Blue cheese
- Peel and chop up all of your vegetables.
- Put your knob of butter into the pan on medium heat and let it melt slightly. Add your chopped onion and wild garlic for around one minute, keep stirring!
- Then add your potato and keep stirring for 2 more minutes.
- Boil your kettle with 750ml of water
- Add the stalk of the broccoli and the stalk of the celery and leave to cook for one minute.
- Add your stock to the pan and then add the 750ml of water. Leave to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli heads and leave to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Whilst this is simmering crumble or chop up the Castello blue cheese.
- Once done, add all the soup to a blender and whizz it up.
- Once blended transfer back into the pan and on a very low heat and add the crumbled cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted into the soup & then it’s time to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
If you liked making this Broccoli and Stilton soup and you enjoy making your own soups, check out this Mushroom Soup made by Tom!