Our healthy smoothie recipe with blueberries, pear, orange, and porridge oats is a tasty and delicious way to start your morning in the right way! You may think this is a strange one once again, putting blueberries, pears, and orange along with oat milk and porridge oats into a smoothie…but bare with me on this… you’ll love it!
The Back Story…
This is a smoothie we first tried around Christmas. I found it online but it has different things like cinnamon & star anise in which we’re not huge fans of so we decided to leave it out and it was still delicious.
We get the odd few pears in our Riverford boxes and honestly it’s not my go to fruit. Although I’m not sure why as they’re really nice! But whenever we have them delivered I always like to use them up in smoothies wherever possible!
As I mentioned earlier you can add star anise, cinnamon, mixed spices and/or honey if you fancy mixing it up a little. It will just make the smoothie taste a little bit like Christmas! It gives it a little heat and a bit of a spicy kick like how you get with ginger, not like what you would with a chili! Haha. Vanilla protein would also be a great addition to this to add some more protein to your drink! I’m looking at the Hermosa vegan vanilla one, have a look, it looks really clean compared to a lot of proteins!
So what you’ll be needing for today’s smoothie is:
- 1 x Pear
- 1 x Orange – juiced
- 150g Blueberries
- 1 x Tbsn Porridge Oats
- 200ml Oat Milk
- 200ml Water
- Ice cubes
- Juice your orange, you can peel your orange or clementines and just put them into the smoothie but I prefer to do it this way. Once done put the juice into the blender.
- Chop your pear and put that into the blender, no need to peel these just make sure you remove any hard bits like the stalk and the bottom centre. Add in your blueberries, oats, milk, water, and ice cubes in too.
- Blend everything together for 30 seconds to a minute and then serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 8gSugar: 30gProtein: 8g
This is really simple and takes no time at all!
Have you made any of my smoothie recipes yet? We’re looking at putting together an e-book as I have so many smoothie ideas! But if you just want some inspiration for now, check out our latest smoothie recipes below:
- Watermelon, Lime & Mint Slush
- Green Smoothie – A revised recipe
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Iced Coffee Chocolate Protein Shake
- Smoothie with Blueberry, Pear & Orange
Thanks for reading this post! We always appreciate everyone who takes the time to come along and see what we’ve been cooking! If you just want to browse through some pictures though, head over to our socials..