This is a super easy Banana Chocolate Chip Bread recipe, that can be made in just under an hour. Everyone is going mad for Banana Bread at the minute, so we wanted to share this classic recipe with you. That’s if you can get your hands on any flour to cook it!
First of all I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has followed our blog. After just one week it’s really encouraging to see the page grow!
So we recent posted a recipe of a Lemon Drizzle Cake which got lots of good feedback and even a mention from Radio X presenter Dan O’Connell. The radio show had a conversation around baking, and in particular Banana bread cake, and Tom mentioned our tweet to him.
We thought we’d try something different by baking a Banana Bread Chip Bread, and to see if we can get another shout out from Dan!
With many different ways to make Banana Bread, but here’s our version using chocolate chips. This can be made in less than an hour, and doesn’t require too much effort.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Prep time 15 mins, cooking time 45 minutes
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 ½ Cups of Plain flour
- 1 ½ Cups of Mini chocolate-chips
- 1½ a cup of granulated sugar
- 80g Butter (melted)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /360°F
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl, and when smooth add the melted butter and stir well.
- Add the egg, baking soda, vanilla, flour and a pinch of salt. Stir until mix is smooth
- Add the chocolate chips leaving out a handful and then pour into a greaseproof pan. Top with remaining chocolate-chips
- Bake for a minimum of 45 minutes, and when Banana Bread is golden on crisp on the outside, cool completely before serving.
Thanks for reading this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread recipe. We have loads more recipes, cakes and desserts on the blog. Have a look around and get cooking!
Here are some of our other posts below:
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Watermelon, Lime & Mint Slush
- Smoothie Bowl
- Beef and Stilton Pie
- Cajun Spiced Turkey and Sweet Potato Traybake
Don’t forget to follow us on across all socials. @Pedskitchen.
Thanks for reading this recipe.