Making an Acai Bowl, a Brazilian classic in my home! Acai berries, bananas, and a few tropical fruits go into this delicious bowl! Oh and some peanut butter too 🙂
So have you ever made an Acai bowl before? I hadn’t really heard of it until I started looking at visiting Hawaii and they’re huge out there! They have acai trucks, offer them at every restaurant and cafe around, beach huts, everywhere! My quest for visiting Hawaii is still very much at the forefront of my mind, it’s just a lot of travelling to get there from the UK! You can’t get there directly you have to stop off somewhere in America on your way, 20+ hours travel at least! But one day, we will go and I’ll get to have that “proper” acai bowl.
Until then, I’m going to continue making them and sitting in the glorious sunshine we have here in the UK at the moment!
Obviously I’m not the first person to make an acai bowl, there are hundreds of people doing this over on insta but I’ve found a recipe that works really wells down tastes great for me and I wanted to share it!
What you will need for two people…
- 1 x Sambazon Sachet
- 1 x Frozen Banana
- 3 x Frozen Strawberries
- 1 x Handful of Frozen Mango
- 50ml x Oat / Nut Milk
- A Great Blender plus the blending stick
Toppings are optional, but a necessity to make your bowl look pretty!
- Coconut flakes
- Passionfruit / Lilikoi
- Peanut butter
The options for this are endless, just layer it up with whatever you fancy!
When doing an acai or a smoothie bowl, I really recommend using a high powered blender like a Vitamix. I’ve had mine for around a year now, I didn’t think it was worth the hype despite my mom having one for 8 years! But they so are! I couldn’t recommend investing in one more if you have a love for smoothies/bowls like me!
- Prepare anything you want to go on the top of your bowl. Chop it, cut it, slice it…make it look pretty !
- Leave your fresh fruit to one side and pop all the frozen fruit into the blender, once that’s in get your Sambazon Acai and pop it in some lukewarm tap water for 1-2 minutes.
- Once your acai is ready, put that into the blender too. It will have some hard chunks and some soft slush, this will help to combine everything today especially with your fruit being frozen.
- Put the blender on to level 1 or 2 and start to mash, this is the hard part and it can take up to ten minutes, you just have to keep blending and mashing. This is a hard slog, don’t give up!! You’ll have to keep stopping, taking the lid off and scooping it around and mashing! Don’t be tempted to add too much liquid or it will end up like a smoothie.
- Once you’ve got it to a nice thick, silky texture scoop it into your bowl!
- Add your toppings, take a picture and tag us in!! I’ll post an açai or smoothie bowl recipe every couple of weeks so let me know if you’re creating them!
Thanks for reading! We have a tonne of smoothie posts already up if you fancy having a nose on those? And a few healthy options are listed below!?
- Everything in Stir Fry Recipe
- Crab Linguine
- Seabass with spiced lentils and tender-stem broccoli
- One-Pot Pasta Puttanesca
- Sweet Potato, Spinach and Lentil Curry
If you don’t already, head over to our socials to see what we’ve been up to there!! ?