I recently visited a restaurant whilst in Spain, and on the menu I’d noticed Cajun Cod! I’d never eaten it before, so when I returned I couldn’t wait to try it out! I eat cajun chicken a lot, but not sure why I’d not tried it with cod. I’ve been missing out!
Below is the recipe for a similar dish I now eat regularly. Check it out and I promise you wont be disappointed!
I used fresh cod fillets from Waitrose in this pictured dish, however I’ve also used frozen cod fillets from Aldi before, and as the Cajun spice packs so much flavour, they are still very tasty! Obviously fresh will taste better
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2x Fresh skinless, boneless cod loin
- 300-400g Fresh new potatoes
- Garlic clove crushed
- Good knob of butter
- Fresh parsley
- Chantenay carrots
- Green beans
- Tenderstem broccoli
- Mini corn
- Cajun spice
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Place new potatoes in steamer, along with carrots and steam for 25 mins
- Prepare cod fillets by rubbing in Cajun spice, salt, pepper and wrapping in foil
- Place cod in the oven for about 20 mins
- Place corn, tenderstem broccoli and green beans into the steamer for 15 minutes
- In a bowl, mix butter, chopped parsley and a bit of crushed garlic
- When the potatoes are cooked, add to the above bowl and mix
- Remove fish from the oven when cooked, and slightly flakely
- Serve on a hot plate with butter potatoes and veg.
I always use a steamer for my veg. I use a Morphy Richards 3 tier steamer as it’s pretty cheap and does a great job! Apparently steaming your veg keeps more nutrients than boiling, so it’s a no brainer for me really
Thanks for reading my blog. I’m very new to blogging and would appreciate any comments, feedback or even a follow!
Thanks. Ped x