Although this dish isn’t anything special, its tasty, fairly healthy and pretty easy to knock up. Stick a bit of grated cheese on it the next day and bang it in the microwave for a minute and BOOM you’ve got yourself a quick lunch fix the next day too!
A quick and easy pasta dish that can be cooked in batches and saved for lunches/snacks. This dish can be done in 15 minutes and tastes banging!
This is enough to serve 2 people, I tend to make double this portion, and save them as quick lunch meals for the following days. Simply add grated cheeses and microwave for 45-60 seconds (800w)
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes OR 4 large fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (I use mature Cathedral City)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Balsamic glaze for serving
- Pinch of fresh basil for seasoning (optional)
- Frying pan
- Wooden spatula
- Cheese grater
- Oven (if baking the pasta)
- Pedro’s Pepper Pesto Penne Pasta:
- Cook pasta in line to packet instructions. Whilst the pasta is cooking, In a small saucepan, saute onion, pepper (and tomatoes if using fresh) in oil until soft. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes (if using tinned), basil, oregano, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into saucepan. I used cold grated cheese on the one pictured, but you can bake the past by transferring to a baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- And there you have it. A nice quick and easy pasta dish that can be kept in the freezer and reheated at work.
Thanks for reading my blog, please feel free to leave feedback, and comments. Ill be posting lots more content soon but I’m new to blogging so any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks for reading my blog. I’ll be posting lots more content soon but please ,like, comment or leave feedback 🙂